Extraordinary books for the entire family. 1378 Lincoln Ave. San Jose, CA 95125 (408) 292-8880, fax (408) 292-6233 email@example.com
Mon - Wed 10-5:30, Thur - Sat 10 - 8:00, Sun 12-4:00 | Directions & Parking
Before Your Fair
The success of your fair depends upon getting kids AND parents in to shop, so anything you can do to generate buzz, hype and general excitement will work in your favor. Hicklebee’s is always willing to offer our experience to help make your Hicklebee’s Book Fair the best ever.
- Plan your fair during a week when parents will already be on campus—like conferences, Open House, or other special events. Busy schedules may not warrant a stop just for the book fair, but parents will appreciate the opportunity to buy books while at a school function.
- Involve students in your publicity campaign. Have a poster contest to advertise the book fair. Display entries in classrooms and hallways. Hicklebee’s can provide a poster template. Have kids make bookmarks, or run other contests ahead of the fair.
- Plan your fair before a gift-giving holiday. Offer hardback books and Hicklebee’s store gift certificates to benefit your school.
- Promote Summer Reading! Have a spring book fair to serve as a reminder for parents and kids to continue reading while school is not in session.
- Start an “Adopt A Book” program at your school and encourage parents to buy books for the library to be donated and inscribed with the child’s name. We can help create bookplates for this type of program.
- Set up a Teacher Wish List and display the titles the teachers most want and need for their classrooms. Kids love to give a gift to their teacher
- Generate excitement with a preview for the kids. Either have them do a walk through of the fair before it starts to make their own wish-lists or ask us about a Preview Box that you can show off on campus ahead of time to generate buzz.
- Advertise with signage both inside and outside to alert parents and the community.
- Location, location, location! Where you place your fair is important. If people can’t find it they won’t shop it.
- Ask for help! Even if you are a super-volunteer who can do it all, lots of helpers also help you get the word out and word of mouth is some of your best advertising.
- Plan a literacy event in conjunction with your fair by inviting an author or other special reader to visit. Make it festive and invite a food truck too.
Get the word out and bring those shoppers in!
Are you all ready to go? Peruse our downloadble posters, set up tips and book fair security information.