Gardening Basics for Dummies (Paperback)
Plant the garden of your dreams
Even if you've never sowed a seed nor pulled a weed, Gardening Basics For Dummies contains everything you need to know about flowers, beds, borders, trees, shrubs, and lawns to create your own private paradise. This friendly and informative guide also covers all of the tools and additives available to make gardening easier. You'll discover:
- Clear definitions and descriptions of the different types of plants
- Tips on choosing the type of garden you want
- How to create a garden plan
- Easy-to-follow instructions for soil preparation
- Advice on planting, growing and caring for annuals and perennials
- Step-by-step plans for organic and edible gardens
- Plans for butterfly and children's gardens
Packed with helpful tips on controlling pests safely, managing weeds, and correcting common gardening problems, Gardening for Dummies turns your brown thumb green in a hurry.
About the Author
Steven A. Frowine is a noted professional horticulturist and a longtime avid gardener and communicator. The National Gardening Association is the leading garden-based educational nonprofit in the USA. Visit www.garden.org.