Not on our shelves now, usually available for pick-up or shipping in 1-10 days
Another pitch-perfect story about an irrepressible, charming, and endearing two-year-old from the creator of Max & Ruby
There’s going to be a party! Sophie and her mother are making a very special treat: chocolate kisses with pistachio cream filling. Yum!
There will be nine guests plus Sophie, and they’ve made ten kisses. Just enough. But then the telephone rings and everything changes. . .
Irrepressible Sophie will charm readers once again in a story that goes straight to the heart of toddler concerns.
About the Author
Rosemary Wells is the author of many books for children, including the Max and Ruby books about the popular bunnies who star in their own show on Nick, Jr. She travels widely speaking on behalf of early literacy. She lives in New England. Visit her at www.rosemarywells.com.
Praise for Ten Kisses for Sophie:
"Wells' signature style emanates a warmth and earnestness, perfectly depicting Sophie's emotions and Granny's tender response. She takes her exquisitely detailed patterns, fabrics, and textures to a new level, offering a fresh vision in a digital-heavy world. A successful counting book whose celebration of intergenerational relationships sets it apart." —Kirkus
"Wells gets to the heart of childhood worry in this Sophie tale. Sure to be popular." —School Library Journal
"From the likable main character to the happy ending, the fourth book in the Sophie series is a satisfying choice for young children." —Booklist
"Wells again demonstrates that she has her finger on the preschool/primary-grade pulse with this installment in the Sophie series, as many a youngster will heartily sympathize with Sophie and will relate to both her love for the fancy treats and her anxiety that she may be denied one. Descriptive, specific language provides both piquancy and wry amusement, and Sophie’s problem-solving methodology could also provide a math lesson about one-to-one correspondence. The cheerful ink, watercolor, and gouache illustrations are executed with Wells’ usual style and flair, and Sophie and her rodent relations are endearing and expressive figures." —BCCB
"This is a fun book for the littlest ones." —School Library Connection
Praise for Rosemary Wells's Sophie books:
* “This is Wells at her comedic best, and readers will be left in stitches. Absolutely enchanting—a must-have” —Kirkus, starred review of Use Your Words, Sophie
* “Wells remains a master of conveying intense emotions through subtly funny writing, smartly observed situations. . . and emotionally telegraphic art.” —Publishers Weekly, starred review of Use Your Words, Sophie
* “Wells continues to demonstrate an almost telepathic gift for distilling everyday frustrations and triumphs to their essence.” —Publishers Weekly, starred review of Sophie's Terrible Twos
* “[A] soon-to-be favorite . . . Readers will clamor for more of the irrepressible Sophie, while parents will secretly smile--sheer delight.” —Kirkus, starred review of Time-Out for Sophie
* “Wells’s signature artwork is vivid and pleasingly simple, and the characters are endearing.” —School Library Journal, starred review of Time-Out for Sophie