Bury Your Dead: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (CD-Audio)
Other Books in Series
- #1: Still Life: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (Paperback): $17.99
- #2: A Fatal Grace: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (Paperback): $17.99
- #3: The Cruelest Month: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (Paperback): $17.99
- #4: A Rule Against Murder: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (Paperback): $17.99
- #5: The Brutal Telling: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (Paperback): $16.99
- #6: Bury Your Dead: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (Paperback): $17.99
- #7: A Trick of the Light: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (CD-Audio): $39.99
- #8: The Beautiful Mystery: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (Paperback): $17.99
- #9: How the Light Gets In: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (Hardcover): $39.99
- #10: The Long Way Home (Chief Inspector Gamache Novel #10) (Large Print / Paperback): $15.99
- #11: The Nature of the Beast: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (CD-Audio): $39.99
- #12: A Great Reckoning: A Novel (Chief Inspector Gamache Novel #12) (CD-Audio): $39.99
- #13: Glass Houses: A Novel (Chief Inspector Gamache Novel #13) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #14: Kingdom of the Blind: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (CD-Audio): $39.99
- #15: A Better Man: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (Mass Market): $9.99
- #16: All the Devils Are Here: A Novel (Chief Inspector Gamache Novel #16) (CD-Audio): $39.99
- #17: Untitled Gamache #17 (Chief Inspector Gamache Novel #17) (Hardcover): $28.99
October 2010 Indie Next List
“Timing is critical in a mystery. Just how much is revealed and when is what keeps the reader turning pages. Louise Penny nails both in this book, the sixth in the series featuring the Canadian Inspector Gamache. Engaging characters from previous books make their appearances, but it isn't necessary to have read the others to totally enjoy this book. Those who have read the others are eagerly awaiting this book, and those who start with this one will quickly turn to the other titles in the series. Heartily recommended for all lovers of good mysteries.”
— Ann Carlson, Harborwalk Books, Georgetown, SC
It is Winter Carnival in Quebec City, bitterly cold and surpassingly beautiful. Chief Inspector Armand Gamache hascome not to join the revels but to recover from an investigation gone hauntingly wrong. But violent death is inescapable, even in the apparent sanctuary of the Literary and Historical Society— where an obsessive historian's quest for the remains of the founder of Quebec, Samuel de Champlain, ends in murder. Could a secret buried with Champlain for nearly 400 years be so dreadful that someone would kill to protect it?
Although he is supposed to be on leave, Gamache cannot walk away from a crime that threatens to ignite long-smoldering tensions between the English and the French. Meanwhile, he is receiving disquieting letters from the village of Three Pines, where beloved Bistro owner Olivier was recently convicted of murder. "It doesn't make sense," Olivier's partner writes every day. "He didn't do it, you know." As past and present collide in this astonishing novel, Gamache must relive the terrible event of his own past before he can bury his dead.
About the Author
LOUISE PENNY is the author of the #1 New York Times and Globe and Mail bestselling series of Chief Inspector Armand Gamache novels. She has won numerous awards, including a CWA Dagger and the Agatha Award (seven times), and was a finalist for the Edgar Award for Best Novel. In 2017, she received the Order of Canada for her contributions to Canadian culture. Louise lives in a small village south of Montréal.
Ralph Cosham is best known as the voice behind all of Louise Penny’s bestselling Chief Inspector Gamache novels. He won the 2013 Audie Award for Louise Penny’s A Beautiful Mystery. He is a film, stage, and voice actor who narrated over 100 audiobooks, including Frankenstein, Around the World in Eighty Days, Alice in Wonderland, and Watership Down. His audiobook credits include works by C.S. Lewis, Simon Brett and C.S. Forester. Several of his works have been awarded Audio Best of the Year by Publisher’s Weekly.
“Ralph Cosham's excellent narration of Louise Penny's newest mystery demonstrates why a terrific narrator is an author's best partner…My only quibble is that the Penny-Cosham team kept me listening past my bedtime.” —AudioFile magazine
“This sixth entry in Agatha and Anthony award-winning author Penny's Armand Gamache series is among the best…The solution to both killings as well as the event that drew Gamache to Quebec in the first place are all slowly and expertly revealed.” —Library Journal